What is the opportunity?
Do you love music and would love to curate music from over 200 African music genres? The Jwompa music app is the first-ever music streaming app made for the global African diaspora. Jwompa (pronounced // jom-pa //) meaning "Good Music", is derived from the Akan language spoken by the Ashanti & Akuapem people of West Africa.
We are looking for lovers of African music from all over the world to join our team and help curate music that millions of people will listen to every day. You will develop dope playlists and lead the discovery of new music, artists, and sounds from the continent. As part of a tight-knit team of individuals who are passionate about music, your work will impact the way the world experiences African music. So let’s groove!
Who is the opportunity for?
Mainly music enthusiasts who are based in Africa. But, people who live in the Americas, Europe, and other parts of the world can still apply by selecting Jwompa Curators Program
on the first page of the application.
How is Jwompa Curators Program different?
This program is designed as an internship. It has an end date (varies by curator). It is designed to act as our pipeline for future full-time recruiting.
As a Music Curator at Jwompa you will:
- Develop playlists for different listeners groups
- Conduct research to discover new music, artists, and sounds
- Develop learning material that provides context for listeners’ music experience
- Provides alerts and updates to new releases and emerging artists
What we are looking for in our new curator:
- Genuine love for African music
- Curiosity in learning about African music
- Ability to work at least 2hrs/day remotely as Jwompa Curator
- Some experience curating playlists
- Reliable access to internet and computer at least 2hrs/day
- PLUS: Interest in non-mainstream genres such as Afrotrap, Electronic Dance Music (Afro-EDM), Afro-Rock, Afrofusion, Ben-skin, Benga, Genge, Sungura, Mbalax, Mokossa, Zed Beats, Kidandali, Juju, Ethio-Jazz, Kaswida, Taarab/Mduara, Zouk, etc.
- Weekly Stipends: The amount depends on the country where the curator lives. (Africa only)
- Other Benefits: Exclusive first use of the pre-release app, special invitation to launch party, free Jwompa T-shirt
- Technology: You will use mainly our JW Portal to complete tasks.
- Our office: While work is primarily work-from-home, curators are welcome to work out of our office spaces (in countries where we have offices)
- Work-from-Home: Curators will enjoy the luxury of working from their respective homes
- Diverse team: Our strength is diversity, and we are proud to say that our team is on pace to have representation from all 54 African countries
For More Info, Please Email: [email protected]